This week, I've had to travel back to the States for my grandfather's memorial service.
Not wanting to subject the kids to the time changes and disruption involved with a short trip overseas, I've come on my own.
Alone.
Solo.
Uno.
Yes, I'm childless for FIVE days.
My husband asked: "What will you do on that flight, all alone?"
The reality? While I was completely unencumbered - it was one damn long flight. It felt endless.
No fussing. No whining. I was free to read, watch a movie without interruption - and it was the longest damn flight I've EVER been on.
I miss my kids. I miss my puppy, peeing on my feet. I miss my husband, looking at me with the last dregs of patience as I lose my temper with my kids after the umpteenth sibling battle-o-rama of the day.
Hopefully, they miss me a bit too - and I'll be a bit more appreciated when I return. Because I know I will appreciate them more, too.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment