I am a BIG believer in the power of prayer, and I'm asking you to stop and say a prayer for Jenny McDevitt right now.
I first became aware of Jenny's situation while her son, Jack, was a student at Sam & Maddie's preschool. 5 years ago (2 month's after Jack's birth) she was diagnosed with brain cancer and her prognosis was 3 years. Determined to fight this disease and also determined not to feel sorry for herself, she decided to "run out" any depression that accompanies a diagnosis of this kind. She became a marathon runner and has inspired thousands of people who are fighting brain cancer as well as others (like me). You can read more about Jenny here and here, and you can see her interview on the Today show here
Last week I learned that Jenny's cancer has returned. While this is not the first time, I'm told that she is no longer a candidate for surgery or chemo. To quote our preschool director: "With what I have been told about Jenny's condition, recovery sounds like it would be a miracle - but how often do we get the opportunity to be involvd in a real miracle? "
She is courageous, and inspiring. Please take a minute to say a prayer for her and her family.
Miracles happen every day.
I'll put my money on Jenny any day. She is a fighter in the truest sense of the word - you go, girl!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment