Thursday, October 30, 2008

Who Needs Santa when you have Grandma?

My mom recently bought Maddie a t-shirt that reads "Who needs Santa when you have Grandma?" No truer words have ever been said.

You see, with pretty much everything that my kids have and love, they think it comes from Mimi. Actually, even a lot of the mundane stuff too, gets attributed to Mimi. And not that they are far from wrong on a lot of things, but it would be nice to get credit for the few true "hits" that I make in purchasing.

Maddie has a lovely handmade doll*. The doll's given name is Storm. However, like all of Maddie's dolls, she calls her Dolly. (Although I do believe even Maddie is starting to realize how confusing this is, as she has started to call this particular doll Brown Dolly. Perhaps not politically correct, but an accurate description nonethless...) Lately, she shows people the doll and says "Mimi gave it to me". Well, actually, Mommy found the cute doll. It shouldn't chafe so, as Mimi is extremely generous with the kids. But in this case it does. I know I'm being unreasonable.
I guess I need to get over it.

Sam needs help getting dressed, so I'll stop now. He needs help with his new underwear. "Did Mimi get these for me?????"

Mom, I know I can't ever possibly say it enough, but in case I haven't said it lately thanks for all you do for us and my kids. Thanks to Dad, too, for his great gift for creativity that he shares with them. You're generous to a fault!

*Storm was made by Hapslappy on Etsy. If you want Mimi to give you one, too, look at Shannon's adorable creations here.

No comments: