Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hair Woes (or, Tragic Haircut, Part Deux)

I have a long-standing love-hate relationship with my hair.

Actually, I have a long-standing love-hate relationship with my stylist. Not just this one, mind you - she is a lovely lady, and I have received some rockin' cuts from her since I've been going to her.

So why is it - I beg of you, explain this to me - but why, irrespective of how gently I explain what I don't want in the next cut, my girls simply do not get it, and I get the same thing. I talked about my last bad (and I mean God-awful) cut here. I'm about 7 weeks into the last cut and the heavy layers she gave me FINALLY started to grow out...soo I thought it would be safe to go in. In I mosey, happy as I just got a pedicure and I'm in a woo-hoo, I'm getting gussied up kind of mood!

I kindly, ever so gently explained (after she said how great it looked- and lets face it, I looked like I'd been riding with my head out the sunroof) that I liked it, but I the short layers on the sides have been finally crazy. Cookoo. I wanted the layers to grow out - they were just too hard to work with this last time.

She sighed, and said "oh, we did that to give the heavy layers in back a chance to grow out...So just a clean up then? We'll leave this alone, and clean up the ends and the back?"

"Perfect", I responded.

I'm positive I said perfect. I'm pretty darn sure I did NOT say toss out the thinning shears and just use hedge clippers. Yup, hedge clippers were not mentioned, but you wouldn't know that.

What did she DO? She layered it. Again. I mean, my bangs (that is fringe to you across the pond) continue to the side of my head. She basically did the exact opposite of what we talked about. So it is long on the sides and back but heavily layered on the sides.

Last time, I got a mix of Jon BonJovi (in the 90s) and Dudley Moore. This time, its a bit more, um, Ashton Kucher.

Don't get me wrong. I think he is a hottie. However, when it comes to my hair, I'd prefer it more like his gorgeous wife, Demi Moore. (and look, she is over 40, and she has long hair. And I don't think she looks old because of it. So don't tell me long hair makes you look older.)

Needless to say, I have the haircut of a 14-year-old skateboarder.

Sooooooo....If there are any stylists out there reading this, I beg of you, tell me the proper way to get across what I Absolutely. Do. Not. Want. I'm not being bitchy, I'm not being critical, I'm coming across pretty open.

No, I won't be going back. I'll find someone to fix this in a few weeks, and I'll get one last cut before moving to Wales.

I'm going to stop here before I start getting images of Susan Boyle in my head....

2 comments:

Loukia said...

Hey there! Just visiting your blog for the first time - love it! Your kids are way too cute. Good luck with your hair. I hate hair trauma!

Big Cheese Rolling said...

You know, of course, that in Wales they use sheep shears to cut hair :-)