Tonight I went to my first paid "focus group".
It came with a 54-page homework assignment. Yes, folks, I did say 54 pages.
54 pages on BODY LOTION.
Let me be honest here: I don't care how creative a writer is, there is only so many ways one can say "moisturize". And after writing 54 pages, taking photos and a VIDEO, I had the opportunity to TALK about moisturizer for another 3 hours.
You know: how one moisturizes. Why one moisturizes. WHAT one moisturizes.
In hindsight, the entire concept is downright hilarious.
However, at the end of said focus group, as I walked out the door they handed me $275 cash. Its a nice feeling to be looking at a real $100 bill - I don't see those often, if ever!
The jury is still out as to whether this particular exercise was worth the money earned.
In the meantime, I will be sitting by the phone, waiting for a focus group on wine or chocolate.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment