Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sleepy girl

Both Boo and Pea have been suffering from a horrendous cough since we've arrived.
Boo's is very loose; Pea's is a dry, hacking cough.

Both have been coughing all night long.

My Spanish is lousy, I will confess. I wish I had learned it in high school, but as the nun teaching Spanish was the same one my father had when HE was there, I wasn't given the option. (She was very kind, but a bit flaky some 20+ years before.)

My trip to the local pharmacia netted some kind of homeopathic cough medication, whose main ingredients, from what I can tell, are cactus.

Needless to say, after 3 days, it doesn't seem to be working.

Last night, Pea coughed in her sleep. Woke a couple times, tired and confused. Boo woke constantly with his cough. Combined, they woke each other up, and kept the adults up even longer.

This afternoon, despite crashing on my lap (until I foolishly tried to put her down in bed), she refused to take a proper nap. Shortly after, she was out in the pool, paddling around (in her swim belt) like the fish that she is.

After a warm bath (the water in the pool is coldish, and the air outside of it colder), she promtly crashed in the chair while the rest of us got cleaned up for dinner, not waking when I carried her to the dining room.

She sat dazed in her chair, while all the waitstaff came by, patted her head, tried to make her smile/wakeup/break her coma-like gaze. I went to get some food, and came back to find her out cold.

A waiter brought over another chair, and motioned to let her lay down.
She woke long enough to say "I don't wanna lie down", then promptly passed out, shiny sandalled feet poking out the bottom of the chair.

(In a major mommy-fail, I once again DIDN'T have my camera in hand. It was a classic moment, blanket wrapped around her head, pup next to her, flat on her back, and for whatever reason, hands tucked into the top of her leggings.)

I think Daddy wore her out too much.

No comments: