The upside about giving birth to your kids exactly two years (less 10 days) apart is that there is a weekend in between the birthdays - perfect for a joint party. Seriously. I planned it that way.
I am a planner, and sometimes, things actually go my way.
I have great respect for people who host birthday parties at home. These people are creative, calm, patient, and can tolerate destruction and cake ground into the carpeting.
Since I channel my creativity into different areas, am "Type-A" and am renting my house (just looking out for your home, Kate) I'm a big fan of paying for a birthday party. Away from my house. Where they do the clean up.
To this end, the Play Barn in Brecon is my most favorite place in the area, possibly the entire world. Seriously. They cater the food, bus the tables, and the huge climbing structure generally wears out the kids. They make a lovely cup of hot chocolate for the mums, complete with whipped cream and marshmallows. What more could a mom want?
So, this year, for their birthdays, we let Pea and Boo have a party at the Play Barn - if they shared it. They were quite happy to do so, surprisingly enough. Lists were made, invitations printed out (see, I do have a creative side) and handed out. We counted the days: "Mom, how many days until my party?" until the day finally arrived.
And now, if you will forgive me, here are the gratuitous photos for my friends and family back home. Because I'm too mean to simply post them on Facebook. (I want people to read my blog.)
********************
Boo and friends had fun making a "train" down the slide.
Pea and friends, in the "3 and under" area. Some things you just can't grow out of too soon!
Pea and Jake couldn't slow down for a picture....

Gethin & Carys, mugging for the camera...

Whaddya mean, I'm too small for the big slide????
Ok, just save me some cake....


After all the climbing and sliding and rolling in the ball pit, it was time for dinner - sausages, chicken nuggets, baked beans, chips and potato windows.
Gethin & Carys, mugging for the camera...
Whaddya mean, I'm too small for the big slide????
Ok, just save me some cake....
I want to know if the moms can rent the play area for a day. I want to go down that slide.
(No parents allowed....)
After all the climbing and sliding and rolling in the ball pit, it was time for dinner - sausages, chicken nuggets, baked beans, chips and potato windows.
Its fascinating to watch the big boys eat.
She was far too busy eating ice cream to put down her spoon when we sang
"Happy Birthday" to the both of them.



1 comment:
Great photos! I was thinking the slide looked awesome- too bad grown-ups can't play.
My kids would be totally jealous if they knew kids got to have birthday parties like that. I like to keep them all sheltered so that they're impressed with my cake wreck candidate cakes.
Post a Comment