And THAT, my friends, is the story of my life....Everything goes exactly according to plan in this house....NOT.
Parking ticket? Whoops, forgot about it just in time to be ONE day late for the "pay within 10 days" deadline.
Ordering Funfetti cake mix for Pea's birthday cake? Oh, I have plenty of time...wait...her birthday is tomorrow???? Well, shit.
For me, its simple disorganization. Oh, I run my cousin's life in an orderly manner. I get her to the airport, to the meeting, to the hotel.
So why, for the love of all that is good, does this not work for me?
To make matters worse, my soon-to-be-4-year-old, affectionately nicknamed "Pokey-hontas", functions in a reality and time zone completely separate to the one I live in. So while poor Boo sits at the door, hat and coat on, bookbag in hand, anxious to get to school...Pea is deciding that she doesn't like the outfit she has, no, she doesn't want to wear socks either....is that a birdie?...and only then do I realize that my car is completely coated in frost and needs to be scraped.
We do not function like a well-oiled machine here.
We're more like the Gremlin your granny drove.
Which will explain why I'll be blogging about our trip to Tenerife shortly, and backdating it so you THINK you are reading things in order....



No comments:
Post a Comment