Friday, March 12, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

The other morning I made pancakes for my family. Lovingly made Mickey Mouse-shaped pancakes, complete with mini chocolate chips for the eyes, nose, and mouth. Stood over the stove while THEY all ate pancakes, while I cooked. Mama's either eat cold food or after everyone else is done.

Anywhoo.....Boo ate four pancakes; they were big pancakes too. He was proud of himself, although I am still trying to figure out where that long, skinny boy is putting all the food he eats.

Somehow, stupidly, this led to a discussion of when Grandma made pancakes for Mommy and Aunt J and Uncle J when we were little:

"When I was little, Grandma made pancakes for us all the time. We loved to eat pancakes, and had contests to see how many we could eat - my record when I was little was seven!"

Boo replies " Wow, that is a lot of pancakes".

I said, "Yup, and I was just as skinny as you are".

(Wait for it....)

Boo says "and now you're big".
Pea adds "with big legs".

The Hubs just covers his face with a napkin. I know he is laughing under there, because I can see his ears turning red.

He manages to snort out "you walked right into that one".

Next time, they can make their own damn pancakes. Obviously, my big legs won't fit thru the kitchen door.





No comments: