Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Belden Family Fundays

I drove ahead to Williamsburg so that we'd get some extra family time before we head to the beach, and we've had a lot of fun so far!

Wednesday we needed to burn off some of the excess energy accumulated in a two-day drive, so we took a walk through Colonial Williamsburg with Gmom Phyl and cousin Chris. We had to run through Pete's boxwoods, then search out the oxen (in honor of Sam's favorite stuffed pal, Ox) and were happy to find a mama and sweet baby ox. I think Maddie would have loved to take that baby home. It certainly didn't smell any worse than Sam's stuffed Ox...

Pete arrived on Thursday and we took the clan to Busch Gardens, along with Gmom Phyl, Marty, Aunt Simone and cousin Chris. Maddie burned out early, but Sam outlasted us all. He was big enough to ride on most of the rides, my tall boy! Sam and Maddie are speed freaks, and from the minute we arrived, Maddie pointed to the big coasters, saying "I want to wide on DAT one". (Sorry, darlin' - you've got another foot to grow before you are even close...)

Simone and I, and then later Pete and I did sneak several rides on Busch Garden's newest coaster, the Gryffin. For you coaster fanatics, I will state for the record that it was the fastest, smoothest, coolest coaster I've ever been on. Its the world's first floorless 90-degree dive coaster. And yes, I screamed through the entire ride. It was beyond fun, and for me, like being a kid again.

And that is something I need from time to time, to keep things in perspective when it comes to my own two.

No comments: