"Hi! My name is Jenn and I am a Bad Mommy".
There, I've said it - so maybe now I can stop beating myself up and get on with it all. See, I know this move is hard on everyone: the kids are out of sorts, out of their element, and lacking quality sleep (they are sharing a room). They are also lacking one level-minded parent, as the Hubs is already across the pond.
And now, they are missing another level-minded parent, as my brain checked out on Monday.
I realize I am supposed to be patient with the kids as this is confusing and difficult and blah blah blah.
However, I am having a hard time justifying mad jumping on the beds, the sofas and each other as being related to the move. Just as I'm having a hard time accepting that Boo's mad desire to throw his foam ball AS HARD AS HE CAN against any non-moving object because he is confused and sad.
They know I'm stressed. Like a lion tracking his prey, they know when I'm weak. And they are trouncing all over me.
So, being the bad mommy I am, I respond in the only way my desperate, sad mind can - I yell at them.
I know this is not the most efficient way to discipline. Especially when you are trying to get your 5yo son to stop YELLING at you. But remember, now, my mind took a cruise to Tahiti someone on Monday, between the time that Pea peed on the floor (no, she is not potty training yet - she has just decided that she doesn't want to pee, AT ALL, so is holding it until her involuntary sphincter gives out. See Kristy, I still remember that conversation we had on the way to Michigan City, many, many moons ago...) and Boo screaming that he couldn't go to camp yet, Sid the Science Kid was still on. (And don't get me going about Sid, or the rest of his freaky friends).
So while I start out in my calm, mommy-in-control voice, lately it deteriorates quickly to something on the same level as an 8 year old - yes, I'm only slightly more mature than my kids. Then I take a deep breath, put back on my mommy underwear, take a calming breath, throw back a shot of Jack (just kidding!) and try to regain control.
Its really quite wearing, this parenting thing.
And its a damn good thing they are cute!
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment