During the whole course of this moving...project...we've all been saying how hard it will be on Boo, and how it shouldn't affect Pea, as "she doesn't much know what's going on". Of course, this was all directed at making the transition to a new school and whatnot in Hay.
What we had all forgotten about, apparently, was how she would take to the uproar here, before the actual crossing over to Wales.
The answer to that question?
Poorly, at best.
Little bugger, she keeps asking to go home, to the green house. While she wasn't there while the movers were loading up the truck (we were advised against this by people who have made the move), I did take her through the house more than once so that she knew we weren't living there for a while - its still our house, but some nice people are going to live in it and take care of it while she is gone.
Still not quite getting processed. Poor little Pea - she is so out of sorts with this entire thing. However, given the option of temporary housing here and temporary housing there, well, here made more sense. We can get out of the house and find things to do here (thanks, Wendy!) to keep from killing each other. There, it would have been more of a challenge.
One I'd prefer to make on a full night's sleep, in my own bed, thankyouverymuch.
So, when you start to ask me if I'm excited about the move, please stop. Right now, I'm barely holding us all together to even think about being excited about next month.
I'll be excited about the move once we've moved into Barfield House, everything is unpacked, neat and tidy, and the entire family has adjusted to the difference in time zones.
Until then?
(Right foot...left foot....right foot......breathe)
I'm just taking it one day at a time. If you are looking for me, I'm the one with the overtired, whiny three year old with her head snuggled into my shoulder, desperate for a nap, asking to go home.
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment