Friday, May 21, 2010

In the Land of the Mouse....

I've already confessed to being ridiculously behind on my blogging. Yada, yada, yada.
It was pointed out to me that I haven't posted anything about Disneyland Paris...
so I'll rectify that AND post some gratuitous photos of my kids to satisfy the Grandmas to share the experience.

***********************

We travelled to Disneyland Paris via the Eurostar from St. Pancras Station in London.  I have to say, the experience was fab - it definitely beat flying. It was relaxed, we got to kick back and play together, in comfy seats - and the station itself was impressive.


In this Disney locale, the Castle is Sleeping Beauty's. The gray skies behind are the work of Mother Nature. The weather didn't much improve over the course of the week.....


Who can resist flying in Dumbo. It was also the kids first introduction to the loooong waits required for any ride. A great way to teach patience....


WE love the teacups. Boo, Pea and Momma, that is. (The Hubs isn't so keen on spinning rides any more.)



Can  you FEEL the excitement?????



Under the heading of  "I wish I had my camcorder" (only, well, I did have my Flip on me, I was just too excited myself to dig it out), the wait in the lobby of Auberge de Cendrillon in Fantasyland for our princess luncheon was priceless. Pea was jumping in place. Literally.
Hopping. Bouncing. Doesn't she look excited!!!



Guess who is her FAVORITE Princess? She is wearing her Ariel dress.
My eyes well up every time I look at these pictures - I don't think I've ever seen her as happy as she was talking to all the princesses. It might have been THE most expensive bread and apple juice in ALL of Disney (lets face it, these girls are far too excited to eat anything except for dessert, maybe) but it was worth every penny. And never mind Pea, MOMMA enjoyed her lunch immensely. It was easily the best meal I had there (or anywhere in a while). Some excellent French wine, a little foie gras and salmon, and the tenderest veal I've had. And the dessert? Amazing....

But enough about my appetite....





The Hubs and Boo in front of Walt and Mickey in Walt Disney Studios...



Pea and Pluto. She LOVED him, and he loved her. He wouldn't put her down! She was tickled, and hugged, and then he carried her to me, licked her face, and handed her over, signalling to the assistant that he loved her. She was over the moon! (And she hugged him every time she saw him...)



We also took the kids to Cafe Mickey. It was THE place to see all the Disney characters we hadn't found in the park, but it was really fast. Made me appreciate all the time the princesses (and Prince Charming) spent with Pea.
Honestly, I don't know how they do it, smile and talk so sweetly. All. Day. Long.
Must be drugs. I'm just sayin'....

In Paris, Chip and Dale are known as Tic and Tac. This is Tic. (Or was it Tac? They both looked the same. Whatever, it was a giant chipmunk....)



And then there was Pluto. Boo had a big mound of whipped cream left from his pudding; Pluto attempted to feed to to Boo....


And when that didn't work, he looked for another recipient....



Which happened to be the Hubs. Ok, it was really funny at the time...


We had an amazing time. It wasn't as crowded as I anticipated; the Hubs and I each got to ride the Rock 'n Roller Coaster at least 3 times each; we also managed to sneak in a ride on Space Mountain, Star Tours (Boo did go on that twice, once with each of us). Poor Pea was pretty much too short for all the coasters, and she was NOT pleased. SHE is my speed junkie and my fearless girl.

While Boo was incredibly unhappy with me for taking him on Pirates of the Caribbean, Pea jabbered through the entire ride, and yelled "Mama, this ride is BRILLIANT! I LOVE it!". She then agreed to do the Haunted Mansion with me. She asked me if it was scary and if there were ghosts; I pretended to contemplate it for a moment, and then said "remember the Casper movie we have at home? Casper's uncles are naughty and like to play pranks on people. This house has naughty ghosts, but they won't hurt you." Apparently, that explanation worked, and she was delighted, instead of scared, to see the ghosties and such on the ride.

I know that Disneyland anywhere is an expensive venture, but I think it can be a magical place if they go at the right age (you know, when they still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy...)  To hear Pea's ear-splitting screams of "Ariel!!! ARIEL!!!!", as well as all the other Princess names, at the parades through the park was simply delightful.

And couldn't we all use a little magic now and again?

No comments: