The shelf space is quite narrow. A bit of rearranging would net me a taller shelf - but we rather like our wine shelf! There are no shelves tall enough for the liter of soda or an open bottle of wine - thankfully, most of the wine we've bought so far actually has had screw tops, so we can lay them back down. (Who am I kidding - left over wine?
Now THIS is the freezer:
Yup, those are drawers.
See those little white "boxes" on the top of the bottom two drawers? THOSE are (ahem) ice cube trays. Or what they consider ice cube trays. A sad attempt at 12 or so teeny tiny ice cubes. (Phyllis, 2 ice cube trays would be brilliant). Oh, and the bigger grocery stores all sell bags of ice should we need more for a party.
The second drawer is wide enough for frozen pizzas.
Overall, its actually a smart setup. I cannot overstock the freezer, so I need to plan, and the drawers keep me organized - one for veggies, one for pizzas, one for meal products - chicken dippers, fish fingers, frozen minced turkey and beef. And, yes, the bottom drawer is the dessert drawer. The Co-op market has the best liters of ice cream and they are 2-for-£3. (I have to buy them two at a time, oh, my poor waistband.)
Same can be said for the fridge - shopping must be done more carefully, especially since, it seems to me, that the expiration dates here are much shorter on a lot of products, and so you buy what you need (after more careful planning) and there is much less waste or spoiled food.
See, I'm getting more organized already!



1 comment:
I love the wine rack in the fridge. It's absolutely brilliant!
Post a Comment