Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I hope they make friends like these.

I have to admit, after I dropped the kids off at school and came home, I wanted to pick up the phone and commiserate with my friend Wendy, or run across the street to let my Patty talk some sense into me about feeling weirded out, or tell my mom that they did ok.
But as it was only 3a.m. back in the Chicago area, I figured they wouldn't appreciate it much.

Yes, I miss my friends. Its a bit lonely to resort to posting on Facebook so you can share whats going on with someone - not quite instant gratification, or mistakable for direct communication. But I'm a grown up.

I'm really starting to appreciate what the kids have been dealing with. I mean, they have each other, but its not the same. So I hope my kids - Boo in particular - make friends here that mean as much as THESE friends do:






In the meantime, Mary, Wendy, Patty - can any of you catch up with technology and Skype me?

No comments: