Boo always leads the blessing before meals. Always, irrespective of location and time of day
(And believe me, we never thought we'd be hearing "God is Great..." over a Quarter Pounder at Mickey D's, let alone being the ones saying it.) Not that we are heathens or anything, mind you - we've just never been that strict at saying grace in our pre-children days. I am infinitely grateful for the blessings that my children receive from their time spent at their preschool.
This year, Boo's preschool class is learning a new blessing or prayer each month. Yesterday, he yelled "Mommy, c'mon, its time for the blessing"...and launched into the Lord's Prayer.
My jaw hit the table. I mean, he's four. I went to parochial school, and I can tell you in what grades I learned each prayer. Heck, I was awarded a Marathon bar for being the first to memorize The Apostles' Creed. I can guarantee that I didn't learn the Lord's Prayer until second or third grade...
So needless to say, I'm stunned.
Pea, on the other hand, is seriously irritated, because she doesn't KNOW that one. And she doesn't like to be left out. I think because we say them at home, she remembers the blessings that she says in her preschool class before snacks. Which I guess, is impressive in its own right.
As one of her classmates, apparently, leads grace at his house with:
"God is crazy...juice and snacks!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I almost fell out of my chair when Owen did the same - until he got to "Halloween be thy name."
Post a Comment