Friday, February 06, 2009

Lonely Godiva


There is a box of Godiva chocolates sitting on my counter.

Heavenly, lovely chocolates. I love chocolate. I mean, really, really love chocolate. It is my favorite food. You can pretty much put chocolate on nearly anything, and I will eat it. And this is GODIVA we're talking about, here.

See, here is the thing:
we were given the box of chocolate for Christmas.

Yes, its absurd that in THIS house, any kind of chocolate lasts that length of time.

I have a very conflicted relationship with chocolate and sweets right now. I'm desperately trying to lose weight. And, while I know that eating ONE chocolate will not affect that, the fact that my husband, who also loves chocolate, has the willpower not to down the entire box - no, has the willpower to ignore the box, drives me beserk.

Because, you see, that means that I ate nearly all the box of Godiva.

Is it my fault that my husband didn't eat his share? I can't blame our financial advisor, who sent us the box of chocolate for Christmas (heck, its the least he could do. Literally.)

Sigh.

In reality, one little box of chocolate, over the course of three months (ok, its only the start of February, but we're talking chocolate-months - they are like dog years) isn't that bad, is it?

The pull is overwhelming. I can't be looking at this box every day! Sometimes, a girl just needs her chocolate.

Sorry, hon' - but I need to put this box out of its misery.
If anyone needs me, i'm hiding in my bedroom, with my chocolates and a book.

2 comments:

jennyonthespot said...

May I invite myself into your bedroom? Is that inappropriate??? I cant believe that boz has lasted so long. *jaw dropped*

Go finish it - do me proud!!!

Queenbee said...

I don't know whether to be impressed or irritated that you made your chocolate last so long ;) I could NEVER have that kind of will power....I think there might be a certain kind of crazy that involves that kind of willpower. :)
-The Mom
meandmom. wordpress. com (your comments sign in won't let me use my wordpress account for some reason)