Maddie, minus nap, is not always a creature one wants to experience.
Thankfully, she rebounds quickly. Where she keeps her reserve stores of energy, I don't know.
I'd like to know, but I don't have a clue.
Today I pushed my luck. Maddie had survived school, playtime at the health club, and a quick lunch before picking Sam up from his preschool class. He met me at his cubby, yelling "Mooommmm!! CanwegotoopengymwithJackand Dannyand MollyandMissWendyPulEEEEZE!"
I looked at Maddie, who was playing with Molly and hugging Danny. "No NAP. Gym-nash-TICKS!"
Oh, why not? I have a deal with the Devil, anyway, right?
We get to the gymnastics place. Maddie breaks down (warning #1) "But I no have my gym-NASH-tiCKs out-fit!" From the depths of my purse, I pull her gymnastics outfit. (And yes, you would not believe the stuff I have in my purse. I really should have been a Girl Scout, I am so overprepared.)
Before I can say anything, she strips to her diaper in the middle of the room. No shame, this girl. Once appropriately attired, she dashes into the room. Five minutes later, she runs out "Mama, I'm habing so much FUN" and turns to go back into the gym. Ten minutes later, she runs out again, sobbing (warning #2). I ask if she fell or got pushed. "NOOOOOO. I too short!!" I notice the ramp and mini tramp kids are using to hop onto a BIG mat. There is no way her short little legs could hoist her up there. She wraps her arms around my neck and her little legs pull up, monkey style, around my waist.
"Do you want to go home now?" I ask?
"Nope" she says calmly, climbs down and runs back into the gym. What is it with the quick Sybil-like temperament changes of two year olds, anyhow?
Needless to say, the rest of the day was a series of meltdowns and fits.
Yes, I brought it onto myself.
Yes, she was in bed, sound asleep at 6:20pm.
And yes, she WILL be napping tomorrow!
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment