Lucky for us, this event was much less crowded than the one we attend annually in Union, IL at the Illinois Railway Museum, and less structured - the kids could ride any and all of the trains as much and as often as they wanted! It was a relaxing day (or as much as it can be with Boo in attendance, as anxious as he is to get from activity to activity.)
Here they are, all smiles, in front of Thomas. (Toot toot!)
Pea asked to get her face painted! (For the very first time, neat and particular girl that she is, face paints are a bit messy. Of course, 10 minutes later she was asking for it to be washed off, but still, its progress...)
All smiles, our Princess Pea. What a great day this was!
(And a surprise - I didn't tell them until 20 minutes into the ride - partly intentional, partially circumstancial - I was focusing far too much on the road!)
They said "Daddy will be jealous that he didn't get to see Thomas! I'm sure he will be.
As for me, I'm knackered. They really should offer the parent(s) a pint, shot, or Valium as they leave the place, wallet empty and credit card smoking, with overtired kids in tow.
They'd definitely raise money, there!



1 comment:
Looks like fun... there is a day with thomas down here in Oct. I will have to get tickets.. Tell the kids hi
Post a Comment