A puff of smoke, and its gone.
The only real frustration I've had here is in the area of electronics. Yes, we should know better, and be very careful to check voltages before plugging things in, and then to keep a careful eye on them once plugged in. (even with a converter, I blew up my flat iron within 30 seconds of plugging it in when we travelled here back in June)
I learned, with a pop and a puff of smoke, that even with a converter, there is no guarantee.
Yep, I fried my Ryobi drill battery charger. (So hubs, if there is anything left for you to put together with the power drill, do it soon, as this baby goes back to the garage when we are done with it.)
Dear hubs also plugged back in Boo's clock (I had borrowed the converter to charge the battery charger) without a converter, and promptly blew the lamp on it. It still works on the battery backup, but the point of the clock was that it has a wake-up timer on it, and the clock glows green when its time to wake up. (Even little ones understand that "green means go").
Thankfully, we hadn't given Pea her clock yet, so a little slight of hand (and switching of clocks) and presto! Mommy "fixed" Boo's clock.
Mommy can fix anything, you know.
Needless to say, I am a bit concerned about plugging in my beloved MixMaster. The blender, ehh, who cares.
And if you come to visit, well, you can borrow my NEW flat iron.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment