
Thanks goes out to my Daddy for yet another totally inappropriate cartoon.
-------------------------------------------------
This is especially funny to me because, well, I can't get canned pumpkin over here.
So the reality is that the above is about as likely as my finding something to make my pies with (after this year.)
Oh, Libbys, how I miss you so!
If you can believe it, when we moved, I sent over canned pumpkin and Durkee fried onion bits for my green bean casserole. Which, apparently, will need to be made with fresh green beans, as I have found neither frozen nor canned green beans. However, I didn't seem to bring enough, so I'm faced with a stark, difficult decision: pumpkin pie? Or pumpkin bread.
Aw, hell.
Thanksgiving isn't the same without proper football. Or family. We won't have that.
We also will be working/at school/doing mundane crap errands while y'all are overstuffing your faces and sending yourselves into a carb/fat/L-tryptophan-induced sofa-coma. The thought of trying to pull together a full Thanksgiving dinner on an average week night makes me shudder, to be honest.
So while y'all are enjoying your turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole and many desserts, just before you take that first bite of pumpkin pie overloaded with Cool-whip - well, I hope you think of me.
Or at least remember where pumpkin pie actually comes from.



No comments:
Post a Comment