I wish I had thought to get a sound bite of Pea saying "ohhhhh, Mah-teee". She sounded just like Mary Tyler Moore warbling "oooohhhhh, Roooobbbbb". (Ok, that dates me - and I only ever saw it in reruns, honest.)
Marty has a way with girls, and of course, Pea had to sit next to him at nearly every meal. He conned her into drinking her milk, sneakily wiping away her milk mustache as soon as she took a giggling sip. He would distract her by spotting cows and elephants out the window, and when she would turn to look, tickle her neck. She giggled, and fell for it, every time.
He is a retired professor of botany; she loves flowers (she pickes them for me daily, and hoards them in a purse that she keeps in her play kitchen) and leaves on trees and bushes (you should see her ever so gently touch the leaves...before she picks them, and tosses them). What a pair they made!
We all had a great time that week, but I think Maddie had the best time!



No comments:
Post a Comment