Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Sam and Prayer bear
When I picked Sam up from pre-school last Friday, there was a blue tote bag stuffed in his cubby. I was thoroughly confused, but when Sam entered the hallway, he yelled "Mommy, I get to take home prayer bear".
Prayer Bear it a busy, travelling fellow who visits each of Sam's classmates for a week at a time. A diary travels with him in which he keeps a record of his visit with his new friend.
Our week with Prayer Bear was remarkably uneventful. Some days he slept with Sam, some days he just watched Sam sleep from the rocking chair. We took him to the train station to see some trains, and he did a lot of riding in Sam's booster seat while Sam was in school.
Sam's preschool is a Christian one, and I love to see his understanding and knowledge of God and Jesus grow - and live in fear of his questions, because he has had some doozies that really had me stumped.
However, he is growing in ways that I never quite expected. HE is the one who leads us in our blessing over our meals each night. (And reminds us if we forget.) He also has a far greater catalogue of blessings in his head than I do!
And, last week at a local store, he asked for a penny for their fountain. When I asked him what he wished for, he said "for God and Jesus' blessings through the Christmas season". (And here I was, expecting to hear "Two-dvds-lots-and-lots-of-trucks-and-lots-and-lots-of trains").
The boy never fails to amaze me. He has a deeply sensitive side to him that I hope he never loses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment