Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy birthday to the Hubs!

Birthdays close to Christmas must be anticlimactic, I've always thought.

For my poor Hubs, this year it was practically a non-event. I did manage to bake him a cake. (Ok, from a mix, but its a cake. A MOIST cake. Which I have yet to taste over here....)




Due to safety regulations and lack of enough fire extinguishers (and the fact that I didn't have 46 candles), we gave him a "4" candle, and six single candles. Get it? 4 and 6? Ok, lame.

Although, the heat from 46 candles might have warmed up the dining room....

I don't think he minded. Seven candles are managable at his age. The kids liked the glitter. The cake was awesome. We sang to him, off key.

I'm a fortunate gal to have found such a great guy. He's good looking yet tolerant of the Simon Cowell comparisons (not so much in this pic), fun, thoughtful, driven, supportive, loving and kind.

He's a lucky guy to have such a great family.

Even if we do all drive him mad.

Happy birthday, love!


No comments: