Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Housebound

Well, it looks like my poor parents are trapped in my cold, drafty but lovely home yet another day....

As this is the view up the Dingle...




And down the Dingle....


And more snow coming down!!!
No plows on our road...

Gorgeous, so long as you don't need to be anywhere. The Hubs walked to work this morning. I was hoping it would clear up enough for me to collect him tonight, but now I'm not so sure.
In terms of not going anywhere, I'm also feeling terribly guilty that on my parents' first trip to the UK they have seen more of my family room than anything else in England and Wales, have spent more time trying to build a fire than enjoying one.
And then, there is my darling, delightfully cooped up children, bashing at one another's heads. Its entertaining until blood flows. Boo went out to shovel, but the wind had picked up, so he wimped out. (And he was born in Chicago. What the heck?) Add explosive diarrhea to the mix, and its a recipe for disaster.
Am I the one with the "Let it Snow, Let it Snow" sign in the kitchen?
Sheesh.
But....hmm...bet it would make EXCELLENT kindling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's nothing! You should be used to driving in that! :-)