THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.
Hear that sound? Its me, beating my head against the wall.
The bathroom wall.
I'm getting ready to draw a line in the sand.
Pea refuses to potty train. Flat. Out. Refuses.
NOTHING has worked. Not "not pushing" her. Not potty books.
Not our favorite "Elmo's Potty Time" video. (and now, dammit, I'm stuck with the very bluesy Potty Time song stuck in my head.)
Wait, I'll share it with you. Because I'm a sharin' kind of gal.
Catchy, ain't it. Hope you like it, as its the Sesame Street version of "Its a Small World. It won't get out of your brain.
But I digress...
So, no, she won't be going to college in her diapers, thank-you-very-much.
However, she WILL be four in a little more than 2 months.
That means that I have been changing poopy diapers for almost SIX years, nonstop.
And I only have 2 kids. (whine, whine, whine)
No, this is no longer completely about her. Is it so WRONG that I want to be done with the dirty diapers? Seriously, I'm so over poopy heineys.
I've tried everything. Nothing motivates her enough.
Not stickers. (puleeze.)
Not M&Ms. (good enough for her big brother)
Not even the most gorgeous Ariel dress the Disney store carried (and Pea LURVES Ariel) is enough.
Hell, this would motivate ME.
She will be entering Nursery when school starts after the Easter break. She cannot wear diapers.
We are going to Disneyland Paris the week before. I am NOT potty training at Disneyland.
That just is a proposterous idea.
She is smart. She is stubborn. We have tried every trick in the book. Do NOT suggest that "potty train in one day" crap. She will just hold her pee in rebellion.
What I need is something that will motivate HER to want to try. Because, seriously, once she does, she WILL train in one day.
I mean, seriously, my daughter is SO strong willed, SO stubborn, she will go far in life because she will do exactly what she sets out to do, and likely won't be swayed by anyone.
In the meantime, however, I'm off to find more air freshener.
Because, darnit, she just pooped in her pullups, again.
If any mommy's out there have a truly offbeat, not-in-the-books kind of suggestion, let me know. I'm not looking for experts. Hell, they haven't met MY daughter. I'm looking for real life desperation kind of suggestions.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
My two oldest were close to four too. Nothing worked but just letting it go. Eventually they got it on their own.
But don't take ANY advice from me. In fact, that wasn't advice. It was just so you know I feel you. I suuuuuuuuck at potty training. The idea of starting that nightmare with my toddler makes me want to throw up.
And. Pull Ups should be banned. Poop in those things is 562% WORSE than poop in a regular diaper. Why is that?
Just don't buy pull-ups anymore. YOu will have some accidents but after awhile she will use the potty....
I'll admit it. I'm the world's suckiest potty trainer.
I keep THREATENING that we are almost out of pull ups...and then I secretly pick up a pack (they only sell them in 14s here) and stuff it in the basket.
Frankly, she terrifies me, because she holds her pee. For, like, until her bladder gives out.
Hard to give a urine sample at the doctor for a UTI when the patient WONT pee in the potty.
(snort)
Post a Comment