She isn't a baby any more - at least, that is what she tells me. She is a BIG girl.
(But not one of those big girls that use the potty. Those are Big Girls. There is, apparently, a difference.)
This year, Maddie had her first real party, with just her friends. We had a Princess Party, playdate style, while everyone's siblings were in school. In lieu of goody bags, me, being the good mama that I am, I made tutus for everyone.
Here they are, all lined up and ready for the girls:

To go with the princess theme, I also baked a doll cake. The cake was moist and delicious (thanks for the tips, Susie) but the frosting debacle, well, I'll take responsibility for that.
Maddie was thrilled, and it tasted great - so that's all that matters, I guess!
So 7 of her friends and their moms & nannies gathered in our basement playroom for a few hours of playtime and dressup. And dress up they did!
(Did I mention I made these tutus?)
So happy birthday, my sweet little Princess Pea! You are one of my greatest blessings, and I love you.



1 comment:
Honey... with the exception that I bought a princess cake (your was way cuter, BTW) and you made one... were are so livin' freakishly parallel lives :) Just had Lucy's birthday aprty today (prolly will post about it who knows when!). it was all princess! Our sweet little girls :)
Post a Comment