There is no "ready or not, here I come" in my house, when the kiddos play hide-and-seek in the basement. No, for some reason, they count to - well, whatever the chosen number is for that day, and then yell "goo goo blah blah". (Sounds like something from Seinfeld, actually.)
Don't ask, I don't have the faintest idea why. But it cracks me up.
Boo still has not grasped the idea of the game - he is the first to jump out when he's hiding, yelling "can't find MEEEE". Princess Pea giggles too hard - its not difficult to find her. Her favorite hiding place? Under the cube slide.
Mine, of course, is under the church pew. It takes some maneuvering to get myself under there, but its a great spot that they always forget to check. And I'm happy I can fit there!
And of course, "its not called Hide and Seek. Its actually called Tickle Monster, Mommy" corrects Boo. That is because once everyone has giggled and given themselves away, whoever is "It" chases the hiders and tries to catch and tickle them before they reach the "safe spot" - the bottom of the stairs.
For now, the screams of glee are too much to resist. I think its my turn to be Tickle Monster.
Goo-Goo, Blah blah!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment