Sam asked why I wasn't going to Bible Study this morning. I told him that it was Inauguration Day - this is the day that Barack Obama becomes our new President. It was a "Big Day".
Sam understands "Big Days". He also knows who Barack is, as they even had a vote of their own on Election Day. (Sam voted for Barack, because he was Red, and red is his favorite color.)
So he asks, "Why is it a Big Day? He is just a guy".
He's four. At four years old, race is never an issue - friends are friends.
Its a hopeful glimpse into the future of America - a day when race isn't an issue, and a guy is "just a guy".
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Jenn....you've been a busy blogger today! I love the Obamacon! I love the innocence of "he's just a guy". I look forward to the day when I have to explain the significance to my grandchildren and great-grandchildren!
Post a Comment