Monday, January 26, 2009

Make me Laugh Monday - "With Friends like this - what was I thinking?"

This is a bit of a late entry in Jenny on the Spot's Make Me Laugh Monday challenge, as its been one of those days, but who doesn't need a laugh on a Monday?

As someone who married, well, not fresh out of college, I remember the occasion where some buddies and I had the "if none of us are married when we're 40" conversations. We were sitting in the beer garden at an upscale pool hall-with-a-sand-volleyball-court kind of places, sharing a celebratory pitcher after a ridiculously funny/pitiful round of volleyball. Now, mind you, these weren't my closest friends - these were my meet you at the country bar and drink until you are stupid and line dance like we are actually cool buddies. (Note, I've never been described as a partier, but these guys were a hoot and a half when they got rolling, and you kind of got sucked into the madness.) So after a couple pitchers, we decided that whoever didn't get married would marry each other. Even better, we also agreed that if our spouses passed first, we'd all move into the same nursing home together, so we wouldn't be alone when our ungrateful kids decided it was too much of a hassle to visit us.

Now, with the scene set (and no other smooth segue:)

We've all been to one of those weddings where the Best Man doesn't get it...either he drones on and on, recounting all his favorite stories of the groom that are either so inside that no one can figure out the funny, or they just aren't funny. Or, he interjects far too many snarky comments.

http://www.freakybestmanspeech.com/

So tell me - did you make a when I'm 40 promise?

1 comment:

jennyonthespot said...

Oh. Dear!

THAT was hilarious! Ya know... I never hadone of those conversations, but I've hear of it. I suppose this fella really called out his friend! Heeheeheee....


hahahahaaahaha!!!!

Thanks so much for playing... it is so not Monday, but I am soooo laughing! :)