Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy Birthday, my darling husband!

Happy Birthday, Pete!
Today, my wonderful husband turned 45. (Yes, I married an older man!) However, due to local fire regulations, we could only put 4 + 5 candles on his cake. Well, that and it was smallish to begin with. (But from Cold Stone Creamery, so acceptable.)
All kidding aside, I am blessed to have this amazing man by my side.
I love him for his sensitivity, sense of humor, his grouchiness before he's had his morning coffee;
his self-discipline in getting to the gym at the crack of dawn. I love his appreciation for family history and family traditions. (Like taking birthday pictures on Grandmommy's sofa.) I appreciate how he takes the kids after dinner to give them their baths, read them stories and put them to bed (rocking for Pea and a snuggle for Boo) without complaint, even on his longest days. I love him for when he gets teary-eyed at movies, tear-jerker story lines and some days, just watching his kids.
So happy birthday, Uncle Fussy. I love you to the moon and back.
A handsome devil, isn't he?

A little help blowing out the candles


A snuggly moment with Princess Pea and Boo.

No comments: