"Mommy, Sam hit me", Maddie sobs. Sam retorts "I did NOT!" - despite the puzzle-shape welt growing on the side of Maddie's cheek.
"Why did you hit her, Sam?", I ask.
"Because she was making it snow puzzle pieces on my puzzle", he responds. (Note to self: its all in how you ASK the question - he doesn't even realize I just busted him.)
After another time out, during which time he talks to Daddy on the phone - not, I think, a SuperNanny approved move - they fall back into their usual routine of playing, fighting, crying, intervention, and playing.
As I rushed around the kitchen, trying to straighten it up before the mad dash for school, I heard giggles from the living room. I peek around the corner and see
two munchkins, giggling together on the couch.
Another moment of hope on an inspirational day.



No comments:
Post a Comment